Wednesday, August 29, 2007

10 years

you took my hand and gazed with me at the moon
in front of your house as we sang "God will make a way..."

you took my hand and walked with me down the aisle,
out of the church and toward our new life together.

you took my hand and laughed with me as we sat in
a stadium waiting to walk the stage as graduates together.

you took my hand and mourned with me
when the news came that my dad was gone.

you took my hand and trusted with me that our Father
would lead us to a place of new opportunities.

you took my hand and experienced with me the joy and
miracle of the birth of our two amazing little boys.

you took my hand and journeyed with me back to the
lone star state with no promise of a better tomorrow.

you have taken my hand so often, so faithfully,
and so courageously over these past ten years...

thank you for never letting go!

(a poem to Adrienne in honor of our 10 year anniversary)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home